Help with database record delete

thebopps

I am writing a very simple piece of php software for an intranet, it stores usernames and passwords to various hardware we service for clients.  I have a specific page to manage the password list, the page queries the database and returns each record in a new row of a table.  I put a delete icon in the last column of each html table and need to have it delete the corresponding sql row.  I just wanted to know the best way to do this.  Thanks

Hi,

i think what you have thought is also a good option mostly it is keep like it for eas of use.just take care of some points like

when you click that delete icon it should prompt message to user 'Are you sure to delete this reocrd'

on yes delete the records else remain on the same page.

ex:

name age description Action

priti   10  sdfsdf        delete icon which will be a <a href='?act=delete&id=recid'>

instead of putting a delete icon in the last column of each html table you can put one checkbox and the "delete selected" button at the bottom. this i guess is the better way. admin will be able to delete more than one record at one go.

Cheers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.