while, mysql, php, loops if's crazy.. Help.....

monkeytooth

??? ??? So, so confused! I've completely gone upside down on myself..

Heres the deal, and Making A Number Chart of sorts.. which I have working lovely with the help of a previous post i did looking for help on generating the number chart to begin with, now Im porting it into mysql, which everything is working fine there to.. However I have run into a hurdle..

link to other post for refrence: http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php/topic,179443.msg799441.html#msg799441

When I pull the number chart up I want  it to print the list as its doing, but pulling from a table in a DB I have selected numbers.. each number on its own row in this particular table. The current output is just numbers printed out exactly like in the picture on the other post.. what I am intent on doing is making each number a link from the raw output, but if the number is found within a row on this particular table i want it to output as text. Which the cosmetics part of the output I can do if only I can figure out how to make a working array from the DB table/rows to work with the while loop I already have. I don't want to do a loop in a loop in a loop type of thing unless I know its possible and know it works, cause I don't want to create an endless loop thats gonna crash my browser or piss off my hosting company.

Anyone have any suggestions? Please..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.