updating table through checkbox/radio and form submit

diffenc

It's been four years since I had to program PHP, so help I need!

I'm needing to pull some information out of a database table, check to see if it's acceptable, manually flag it one way or another, and write to another database field a 1 or a 0 to indicate it has been reviewed and approved/denied.

I've got my database set up, but I'm not knowing the best way to mark the stuff and push it back in as cleared.

Using while($row = mysql_fetch_array($box1dist)) to get the results from my initial query and write them into an HTML table. I need, next to each result, a checkbox for yes and a checkbox for no to manually select and submit back into the database.

echo "<form id=\"form1approval\" name=\"form1approval\" method=\"post\" action=\"runapproval.php\" ><table border='1'>
<tr>
<th>Box one result (";
echo $box1count;
echo ")</th>
<th>Approved?</th>
</tr>";
while($row = mysql_fetch_array($box1dist))
  {
  echo "<tr>";
  echo "<td>" . $row['box1t'] . "</td>";
  echo "<td>Correct <input type=\"checkbox\" id=\"yes\" name=\"yes\" \/> Error <input type=\"checkbox\" id=\"no\" name=\"no\" \/> </td>";
  echo "</tr>";
  }
echo "</table><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value=\"submit\" \/></form>";

Help is much appreciated!

From your description, just output the rows in a table format, on the field that you want to display the status, lets call it approved

id  |  name  |  approved

1  |  John  |  no

2  | Fred    | yes

Then display the row, make the no and yes a URL so when you click on it, it changes from no to yes or yes to no ?

I'm actually going to run a filter first to see if the column for approval is NULL or not, and only return results back if it is NULL to be sorted.  Once I flag a particular string as approved/disapproved and write it to that column, I'm comparing all new results to the approved/disapproved set.

I basically am listing all unique column entries from the table that have not already been looked at, and need to push back a flag to the table saying it's been sorted and approved/not.

Yes, the review field exists (two actually, as I have to run this on two columns of entries)

I am running a usability test on some forms going out to a reasonable amount of people.  I'm giving them information and asking them to populate a series of forms to find out where they are putting bits of data to submit.  I am then stripping punctuation, converting them to lowercase, and writing it to the db in a new column. 

Next, I'm selecting all the unique strings from that column for this approval check through an HTML page my tester will use.  Once a string is marked approved/unapproved and sent back to the table, that string never needs checking again.

maybe this will help

http://chipdiffendaffer.com/formtesting/translate.php

this shows the result of my initial query.  Each result is placed in a row.  For every listing, if the user clicks "Correct" and submit, I want to write a 1 to the awaiting column in the database.  If "Error" is checked, I want to write a 0.  If "Delete" is checked, I want to delete that row altogether. 

If nothing is checked, the value remains NULL and will be available to flag later.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.