AJAX not updating second dropdown

solarisuser

Hi All,

I am using AJAX in a form so when someone enters a country, it populates the fields with the population, etc.  This works fine in text fields.

Then I am using a JS script that links two dropdown menus, so when you select "A" in the first dropdown, it does a mysql query and shows only the results relating to A in the second dropdown.  This works fine when clicking on it.

The problem: When I type in a country, AJAX fills in the first dropdown menu just fine.  However the second dropdown menu does not update.  When I click on the first dropdown menu, then it works.  I would like to know how can I make the second dropdown update when AJAX fills in the first dropdown.

Right now, I'm using onchange="update_second_dropdown();" on my first dropdown....  any suggestions would be a big help!  Thanks!

exactly how many dropdown there in your three or two got confused give an dummy example to explain your problem.

dropdown1:country

dropdown3:population

when you click country you said it work fine it populate the population dropdown right??then where problem exists??

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.