Making URL not change

jmrothermel

yes there are several way. the easiest way would be to create a new page with the code

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>##Your Website##</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<FRAMESET cols="100%">
  <FRAMESET rows="100%">
      <FRAME src="index2.html">
  </FRAMESET>
</FRAMESET>

</HTML>

And you would need to make that file the index.html / php file..

appologies for double posting but

another way which is what i used for a while is to change the target field.

So if you main frame is called body then you can change the target field.

<a href="games.html" target="body">Games</a>

This would then load games.html into the body frame but the html would be kept the same.

<FRAMESET COLS="25%,75%">
  <FRAME NAME="Links" SRC="links.html">
  <FRAME NAME="Body" SRC="home.html">
</FRAMESET>

so put that in the index.html file.

Then you need a links.html file in which the target is "Body"

I hope this makes sense.

if his site is already in frame though it wont hurt him to do this in frame too.

I used frames because that way I could have the menu as 1 file but them I found that I can do this much easier wit the php include function.

Though I don't know if it work work but just make new site

<?php include("index.html"); ?>

and change nothing else.

The php file will load first and then the links should change in the include i think. I dunno if this will work but its worth a try

While frames are an old technology, there are times when using them is still permissible - and you can still have some really great looking sites.

Old school scrollable frames are 2001, but using one to hide the url really doesn't change your page layout or design at all.  (which, lets face it - the end user won't know a difference anyway)

Ajax is great, and I use it in almost all of our applications...however, building an entire site navigation of Ajax can sometimes drive you to a sensation where your brain is melting.  Keeping track of all of your include files, what divs are being populated, retrieving form content...it can all feel very un-natural.

With a few of the all-ajax sites I've done..when I look back at my code I have no idea what is going on, and it feels as if some voodoo-witch doctor is making the page function instead of any existing web technologies.

However, if you want to take a peek at Ajax (I'd reccomend anybody to at least get familiar) here is a great tutorial to start you off.

http://www.tizag.com/ajaxTutorial/

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.