Mysql + wamp + hardrive in new comp + recovery?

blueman378

Hi guys, well i was using wamp on my laptop and had a database built up which contained 15 tables,

My laptop then crashed and so i removed the hardrive from the laptop and connected it to my pc, however obviously i cannot boot to it,

i managed to recover the acctual site but am struggling to recover the mysql database, i cannot boot to my original wamp server but have a new one installed on my pc, so i went into the mysql folders and went data and copied the "game" database folder over to the same place in the new instalation, this 'kindof' worked

i can gfo to phpmyadmin and enter the database which says it contains 15 tables, that is all fine, but when i enter the database it only contains 8,

any idea what would cause this?

or any ideas how i could boot to the older install of wamp to export the database?

cheers matt

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.