Variables in a Multiple select drop down

scrbowler

You need to create an array for these values, so here is an example.

HTML

<form>
   <select name="choices[]" multiple="multiple">
         <option>...</option>
         <option>...</option>
         <option>...</option>
         <option>...</option>
         <option>...</option>
         <option>...</option>
   </select>
</form>

Now when they submit the form, all the selected values will be in the array $_POST['choices']

I've been giving this the ole college try and nothing seems to work for what I want when it comes to assigning a variable to the results of the form.

As you see in the code below I have a couple of efforts to make the variable available to the array list but I can't get it to post using the examples below.  Any help in assigning the variables to the choices will be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to use the variables $driver1, $driver2 .... and so forth for the 5 selections from the form.

thanks

Steve

<form name="entry" method="post" action="<? echo $PHP_POST; ?>">
   <select name="choices[]" multiple="multiple">
         <option><input type="radio" name="#48 Jimmie Johnson" value="48" />#48 Jimmie Johnson</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#24 Jeff Gordon" value="24" />#24 Jeff Gordon</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#07 Clint Bowyer" value="107" />#07 Clint Bowyer</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#17 Matt Kenseth" value="17" />#17 Matt Kenseth</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#5 Casey Mears" value="5" />#5 Casey Mears</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#20 Tony Stewart" value="20" />20 Tony Stewart</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#77 Sam Hornisch Jr." value="77" />#77 Sam Hornisch Jr.</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#31 Jeff Burton" value="31" />#31 Jeff Burton</option><br>
         <option><input type="radio" name="#99 Carl Edwards" value="99" />#99 Carl Edwards</option>
   </select>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send" />

</form>
<?

$ID=array($_POST, $choices, "choices[2]", "choices[3]", "choices[4]"); //trying 3 diff attempt for values but no luck
for($count = 0; $count < sizeof($ID); $count++) { 
$IDarray[]=$ID[$count]; 
} 
foreach($IDarray as $key => $val) { 
print("$key -- $val<br />"); 
} 

?> 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.