Relate databases

x2fast

Background:

For class, we were assigned a "psuedo" project from general mills.  Basically something to waste our time, and suck out our lifeforce.

Everyone in my group is new to php/phpmyadmin/mysql.

XAMPP is installed properly on our machines.

All our DB's/tables are set to innoDB.  But the default is still set to myisam

We are to redesign their recipe database...

Question/problem:

I can't figure out how to relate 2 database tables....my brain hurts.

Example:

I currently have 2 databases, recipe_creators and recipe_data and 2 tables members and main (respectively).

The primary key for "recipe_creators" table "members" is creator_id.

The primary key for "recipe_data" table "main" is recipe_id.

I would like to have creator_id be a foreign key in recipe_data table main.  When I change creator_id in my "members" table I want it to automatically change in the "main" table in the other database.

Can that be done?  I apologize if this is in the wrong place.  This is a "find your own help" class, the teacher is just a supervisor.  Google is a better teacher (and more friendly/doesn't smell as bad). 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.