php sendmail through exchange server

tkm

in php.ini

[mail function]

; For Win32 only.

SMTP = ?????? ; for Win32 only

set SMTP = the name (or IP) of your exchange server

Thank u. So if I just provide the intranet IP of the Exchange server like "192.168.1.1", in the php.ini file, it should do right? Let me give a go. Thank you again.

An exchange server is an MTA just like any other MTA -- it will accept mail via SMTP.  Keep in mind that the exchange server may need to be configured to allow the machine you're running your php script on, to relay mail through it, depending on how it's been setup, and what your network topography is. 

Hello mates,

Thank you for the replies. My exchange server and web server (IIS) is on the same machine. I have opened the relay configuration on Exchange server with webserver IP and in my php.ini provided the IP of the Exchange server for SMTP. It still doesn't work. There could be some other configuration issues. I just located that virtual SMTP server is not running in the IIS, however it is running in the exchange server though. It is giving error when I am trying to start virtual SMTP server in IIS. Do I need to fix this? Feedback on this would be really, really helpful.

Hello Mates,

Adding to my query, I see a default NNTP virtual server is running on my IIS. Can 2 virtual server run on IIS? Do I need to stop NNTP virtual server in order to tun SMTP virtual server? Thank you.

Don't worry. sorted it. The above configuration changes did work with some relay updates. Only that I selected a different server's IP as exchange server, was creating error. Thank you. Sorry for the second posting.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.