PayPal

Wolphie

I may have asked this before, although i'm not certain.

My primary concern regarding paypal is, what's the easiest, most efficient way to create an automized billing system.

For example, somebody purchases something on my website, they then click the button to then be directed to the paypal gateway - After that, they then send the money.

How could i possibly know if the money is sent automatically? Does paypal redirect users to a certain page on your website or what?

Are you really sure you want to wed your business to paypal?  I personally avoid it like the plague.  There's almost nothing good about it from my point of view, either as a user or as a vendor, other than it offers shorter turn around for transfer of funds.

For example, I am part of a coop that owns a server.  Each year we pay one of the members money to cover our colocation costs for the year, and he pays the ISP.  I went to transfer some money from my checking account, and of course that's going to take 2 business days to fund.  Whoopeee.  Then to make matters worse, because the guy has a merchant account of some sort, now he indicates that I'll be charged a fee for sending the money via paypal this year.  Sweet. 

I'm really thinking of whipping out a check and a stamp this year instead, which is lame, but that's how paypal rolls apparently.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.