Need some help with a php script I am writing

Looktrne

Ok I have a file called php.exe

when I drag and drop a file called index.php into php.exe

it spits out a modified file called index.php.de (this is on my windows computer)

I uploaded this script to my server

I need to do the same think through php on linux/apache server...

This is the code I am trying to run

exec ("/php.exe main.php");

Does this command act like dropping main.php into php.exe? is the path ok? or do I need the full path of my root directory?

php.exe and main.php are both in my root directory /httpdocs/

also there is a php.ini file were I need to configure the path of the script

this is what I have set but I believe the path is incomplete? how can I find the full path to these files? or is this path enough?

zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=\lib\Optimizer-3.3.0
zend_extension_ts=\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll

the original path that was working on my home computer through windows was

zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\zend decoder files\XMAS\lib\Optimizer-3.3.0
zend_extension_ts=C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\zend decoder files\XMAS\lib\ZendExtensionManager.dll

Please help with this path setting.. I am not sure how to set the path to these files in my root directory on linux/apache server

they are in

/httpdocs/lib/

thanks for any help on this guys

Paul

First off, I am curious is this a localized server, one you have full root access over? Or is this a server your leasing from a 3rd party.. or even a hosting account with a company like godaddy?

I ask only because most companies short of the companies that give you full access to a machine, or your own personal server for that matter.. don't allow execution of .exe files, and like files.. its a security thing..

Secondly, that aside, is this php.exe programmed to run dynamicly in a sence of the work where you can actually script something to work with it. Your php.exe may only run as a standalone and may need to be ran with you sitting in front of it doing the actual work to make it do what your saying..

as for the rest of your post Ill be honest I didn't read the whole thing, but quickly skimming these questions came to mind first and I thought I would ask them before anything else..

This is my own dedicated server...

the php.exe file runs when I drop another file into it has no windows interface... it runs as a black command line screen and spits out the new file when running in windows...

now onto the other questions am I trying to do this the right way?

Paul

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.