Can anyone show me how to make a internet store?

realestninja

Can anyone suggest a nice tutorial on making an online store? I have a Beginning PHP/MYSQL book but it doesn't really get into the details of making an online store, like www.bestbuy.com, or www.circuitcity.com . It does not even have to be that extensive.

I'm also willing to pay someone who can teach me over yahoo messenger, or aol messenger how to make a online store. I can pay over paypal.

Email me or yahoo messenger me at "realestninja@yahoo.com"

and my aol messenger name is "aloneatsupper"

thanks.

There's nothing tutorial-wise that's going to teach you how to create an E-store.

Such things require extensive experience with scripting, security, security and security along with some more scripting knowledge. Did I mention security?

This also requires fairly extensive database knowledge, unless you're going to be a goof and use a filesystem to store customer data and store data.

Don't approach this lightly. Use an existing solution (just not osCommerce - I recommend Magento).

You're grabbing onto a rather large project there for a pure beginner.  E-Commerce solutions are generally very robust and complex applications, especially when you get to the level of Best Buy, Circuit City, or Amazon.com.

You might want to take a look at the open-source E-Commerce programs available (I don't like them, but they are open source and free--Zen Cart is the most widely known one).  You may also want to check out other open-source PHP E-Commerce solutions that you would have to shell out a few $$ for (like X-Cart...uses Smarty templating for easy UI manipulation)...

...if you're set on making your own or having someone to teach you to make your own...I'm sure someone will do it for you...but it won't be cheap.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.