Short Selection Drop Down, Long text

onlyican

Hey all

I am creating a form, which is wide.

It has to be wide as its for Peoples Details and the client wants multiple details on one page, so making the form show all details on one row.

To keep the width ok, I have forced a Drop Down box to be 100px wide.

this is because the information from the drop down box is Dynamic and could also change.

in FireFox, when you click on the drop down box, the entries are shown full width, but IE does not, it keeps the width.

DropDownExample.jpg

I tried adding the "title" tag, so hover over the name and you can see the full name, but this does not work in IE, (Sods law, it works in FF)

Any ideas how I can get around this.

Widening the drop down box is NOT an option.

I think that is just another one of those browser features that FF included and IE doesn't. I really don't think there is a way around that; when you force the select menu to maintain a specific size. FF just lets you see the options overflow; as where IE conforms to the select menu width straight threw the option drop down.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.