Display Post Data

walexman

I want to display the actual post request that the server has recieved. I've tried using echo "RAW_POST_DATA" but that seems to output nothing or ÿØÿà

I'm trying to format my own posts, and am having a lot of trouble, is there a way to do this with PHP? I want to experiment by seeing whats actually being recieved but I can't figure out how. I've read lots about formatting multipart/form-data POSTS but I haven't been able to have even the slightest success in figuring out how you actually write/send them.

no, posts are apparently sent with a certain formatting which the server then interprets. I'm not trying to read the POST data, I know how to do that. I am trying to see the formatting of the actual post request that was sent. I'm trying to generate a post request that I can send to a client's CMS. For example, this is a post request generated by flash when uploading a file. What I would like to do is generate one of those of my own.

POST /handler.cfm HTTP/1.1

Accept: text/*

Content-Type: multipart/form-data;

boundary=----------Ij5ae0ae0KM7GI3KM7ei4cH2ei4gL6

User-Agent: Shockwave Flash

Host: www.example.com

Content-Length: 421

Connection: Keep-Alive

Cache-Control: no-cache

------------Ij5GI3GI3ei4GI3ei4KM7GI3KM7KM7

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Filename"

MyFile.jpg

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="photo"; filename="MyFile.jpg"

Content-Type: application/octet-stream

FileDataHere

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="Upload"

Submit Query

------------Ij5GI3GI3ei4GI3ei4KM7GI3KM7KM7--

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.