Double lines spaces from form output

figuringout

I am a complete novice and this is really bugging me.

I have a form written in PHP that gets populated from a MySQL database. The form displays an address from the database that looks good in the form - each line has a single break after it.

However when I post the form and email the values using mail() each line comes out with double returns i.e Instead of just one return after each line I have two.

PHP:

<textarea id='CustomerDetails' name='CustomerDetails' rows='12' cols='50'>
<?php echo tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 0, '', "\r"); ?>
<?php echo "\r" . $order->customer['telephone']; ?>
<?php echo "\r" . $order->customer['email_address']; ?>
</textarea>

I post these to another php file that builds up some other details and sends an email.

$emaildata = $_POST[CustomerDetails] ;

mail($recipient,$subject,$message,$headers);

The email returned has two "\r" between every line, I'd like just one. I've also tried "\l" both output double line spaces. I attempted "<br />" also but this just outputs the character as a string in the form and in the email.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.