[SOLVED] Link CSS using PHP variable

Grant Holmes

I hope my subject line is close!

At the top of my php page in the <HEAD> is this:   

<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css" HREF="CSS/SEC.css">

I have another page on my site where I store a bunch of variables:

<?php include_once("security/Mysecurity.php"); ?>

There I store: $MYcss = "../CSS/SEC.css";

How can I put that in the page so it recognizes the CSS? I've tried about 10 things and nothing works.

phpSensei,

I tried that, and several variations and can't get it to work.

I think we're on the same page, but let me restate, just in case. ON the variables page, I want to define where the CSS is for this "section".

On the page(s) of this section, I want to call that one variable for where the CSS is. This is not a critical issue, but am trying to learn as I do this too. That help?

What is written out in your html page at the present time?

Because by the looks of it your path is wrong...

Your $css variable is "../CSS/SEC.css" yet when you wrote out your static html page example (above) it was "CSS/SEC.css", see the difference?

I don't think there is any way to link a css to page using variables through another page unless the mysecuirty file had the css not in a variable then you could just use require 'mysecuirty.file'; and it should work. I think. I'm just a beginner at php, so srry if I'm not making sense.

It may work, but I suspect your code is probably messed up. Do you have a <head> in both documents? I'm guessing you do, otherwise you wouldn't have a CSS link in the included document. If the included document has a <head> in it, and you are including it above the <head> in your other document, your code is going to be messed up. Its going to slow down browsers when they are trying to load it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.