IE Expire Error

dfowler

Hey guys, I am having an issue right now that is really annoying.  I have a member list on my web page that gives the admin the option to edit each member by clicking a link next to their name.  Once they click a link it brings them to a form where they can edit the users information, or go back.  Here is my problem.

On Firefox when the user clicks "Back" it simply ask to repost data and works great.  With IE this error appears:

Webpage has expired

Most likely cause:

The local copy of this webpage is out of date, and the website requires that you download it again.

What you can try:

Click on the Refresh button on the toolbar to reload the page. After refreshing, you might need to navigate to the specific webpage again, or re-enter information. 

More information

If you continue to have this problem, try the following:

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options, and then click the Advanced tab.

Scroll down and uncheck the "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" option in the Security settings. 

Once a user clicks refresh it works, but the fact that this error jumps up is a bad thing.  Does anybody know how to get around this problem?

Well I'm debugging the code to try and fix this error right now.  However, I have encountered it on other pages I have made before.  It seems to be when the page you are going back to was the result of a post.

This form for example.  The admin selects the list they want to view then click submit.  A list of names show up with the edit link next to the name.  When they click on name they can edit that user, but when they go back they need to repost the data to view the names again.  Like I said, Firefox just has a pop-up that asks if it is ok to repost.  However, IE gives the error page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.