Predefined input value

scferg

I was wondering, if it was possible to have predefined html form values. So, the form would only submit if the correct value was entered. Like, you need to enter "14" but you entered "13" ... the form would not submit. I just thought this would be a simple thing to do with javascript.

Something like this:

function submitForm(){
    var val = document.getElementById('myField').value;
    if(val == 14){
        document.myForm.submit();
    }else{
        alert('Invalid Input');
    }
}

HTML:

<form name="myForm" action="page.php">
   <input id="myField" name="fieldName" />
   <input type="button value="Submit" onclick="submitForm();">
</form>

Ok, I was using that as a type of CAPTCHA thing. I just needed something simple, but it was dumb of me to do it this way -- the bots have already gotten passed it. I've search all over the internet for a *real* CAPTCHA system, but all of them seem confusing. Like, some require databases and such. Do any of you know of a good CAPTCHA script, or know how to make one?

I really appreciate it ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.