What could be happening here??

elentz

I have some code that updates a table in a Mysql DB. The table fields are decimal 8,2.  If I interrupt the update to the table and echo the variable $formatnet_total I get 2,395.23.  If I let it update the table I get 2 in the field.  What is happening here?

$sql = 'SELECT SUM((vtiger_inventoryproductrel.quantity) * (vtiger_inventoryproductrel.listprice))'
        . ' from vtiger_inventoryproductrel'
        . ' where vtiger_inventoryproductrel.id = '.$id.'';

$result = mysql_query($sql,$conn);
$mytotal = mysql_fetch_row($result);
$formatnet_total=number_format($mytotal[0],2,'.',',');

$sql4 ="Update vtiger_invoicecf SET cf_602 = '$mitax', cf_610 = '$formatnet_total' where invoicei = '$id'";
$result = mysql_query($sql4) or die(mysql_error() . "<p>With Query<br>$sql4");

Thanks for looking!

Number parsers stop when they find a character that is not part of the data type they are looking for.

A coma to separate fields in a number is a human convention not a computer number convention. Only add the coma separator when you display information, not when you store it.

I checked the manual..

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/precision-math-decimal-changes.html

It doesn't specifically state that the comma would be the escape.  But it DOES state that it only accepts integers and a "."  It used to accept a "+" or a "-" but those (along with leading zeros) are no longer accepted.

It's definitely that comma.  Remove it and then you should be all set.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.