get info with cURL and post it

mysterbx

hi,

Can curl get info from a page, and post it (postields) without reloading the page?

Here is an example:

$user_agent = "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows NT 5.0)";
$ch1 = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_FAILONERROR, 1);
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_PORT, 80);
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 5);
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $user_agent);
$r1 = curl_exec($ch1);
while ($r1) {
preg_match("#\<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"ses\" value=\"([\d\w]+?)\"\>#ise", $r1, $one);
preg_match("#\<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"time\" value=\"([\d\w\.]+?)\"\>#ise", $r1, $two);
$params = "ses=".one[2]."&time=two[2]&name=curl";
}
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_POST,1);
curl_setopt($ch1, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,$params);
curl_exec($ch1);

page loads, curl gets info, and post's it without reloading the page (I dont know if I used the "while" function correctly)

I'm fairly new to php so I'm not sure if there's a way to do it with php (although I don't think so and I don't see how). I think you should probably look into using AJAX - which would involve buying a book and learning it... AJAX is a scripting method that merges the DOM, standards based presentation and javascript - in effect, it ends up loading everything in the background so no refresh is needed and there is virtually no lag time (like when you move the map around in Google Maps).

Good luck!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.