ok...ive tried everything....

snakeman2058

ok well. a while ago i set up a website using my old gateway 2000. Only problem is it keeps randomly not loading and saying that port 80 is full. i fixed it once but i cant reme,ber how i fixed it before. i kept getting the cannto load multi sock files so i tried switchign the port to 3128 and passing it through my modem. now apache will start but when users try to view the site they get an error message timed out or a default search. Please help asap....

ok i fixe dit somehow. i restarted came bakc the next day and set it bakc to port 80. then i started apache nothing happened but the apache process is running. well two of them were so i ended the smaller one. then i went to my website and it worked! no idea how. anyone know why this has been happening? im using windows if that matters. And no i dont have skype on that computer

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.