Teach me how to make polls using php/mysql?

Zephyris

Well I've been trying to make polls work with php/mysql... however I've got trouble.

mysql

weekly_polls ( id(INT(99)), author(INT(99)), question(TEXT), date(DATE), time(TIME)

weekly_polls_votes ????

The thing is, I can't figure out, how will the poll know the options to vote for. I need to be able to add as many option to chose in a poll as needed... so unlimited. I don't have a clue how to do this.

I saw forums only use 2 tables.. but i have no clue how they do it because I don't see the poll opinions anywhere, I only see polls and votes...?

show me how to structure my tables/database.

Dont even need 2 tables.

If this isnt to do with forum polls this is how i do it for a global site vote one vote per user:

Voted  | UserID  |

As a table then just echo a poll like this where ever you want?

Are you male or female?

Male = Value 1

Female = Value 2

Voted  | UserID  |

1          23

2          12

1            5

2          100

And if they try to vote again just do a query to check if their UserID is found in the table if it is then you just say "you cannot vote twice."

If its related to forum polls then you need to add a "threadID" to the table.

Ok, this I already somewhat understand

Let's say a poll looks like this:

Question (Are you normal?)

Option1 (Yes)

Option2 (No)

Option3 (Maybe)

Sometimes answers(options) are sentences..

The user chooses an option.. but where do you store those options? and be able to add as many as you want? And be able to modify it if need be. In your example, that is what I can't figure out.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.