Secure Server

peranha

How would I go about creating a cert for my personal server and creating a secure server.  Does anyone know what the steps would be for this.  I would like to keep it on my server, that way I can keep down costs of paying for a dedicated server online, and I have 3 servers sitting in my house that I dont use, and would like to put them to use.  I have just started using Apache, so not sure as to what it is about yet.  I am using a Win 2000 Server machine, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5 and PHP 5.

Thanks in advance.

I would go back to Apache 2.0 with OpenSSL, then use OpenSSL to generate a self signed cert, you can google that.  Heaps of tuts out there.

Then you just need to configure Apache to listen on a specific IP address, the IP address that you want the SSL part of it to listen to.  Remember that you must have a dedicated IP address per SSL site.  Sorry I'm not that through right now.  Just a bit busy, but will post up something better soon!  PM me if you need further help.

Oh and once you configure IP addresses, just configure Virtual Host for them.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.