500 Internal Server Error at 20 seconds..

mindspin311

I'm getting the Internal Server Error at 20 seconds every time!!! Doesn't matter if I throw in code that will take 30 seconds or 90 seconds to do. If it takes less than 20 seconds, it will always work. If I output text while my script is executing, it just stops after 20 seconds instead of showing the error. The memory used varies every time, but is always less than the 128MB allowed by omnis.com where I'm hosting on a UNIX server. Plus the largest size I tried to do is 2000 for an array of INTS O(n^2) so 16mb+. It also says I get a max execution time of 180 seconds on php settings. I have no idea why this is happening. I don't know if I can view the server logs (since i'm using omnis.com to host my site) to see what's going on when this happens, but since it's always 20 seconds, I'm thinking it has nothing to do with the code.

Anyone have any ideas?? I'm gonna contact them when they open at 6am PST, but if I can solve it or at least know what's happening, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well I'm able to change it from 180 to 300, but it gets reset back to 180 next time I reload the page.

I display max_execution_time, set it, and display it and it always shows 180 then 300 no matter how many times I do it. Is it supposed to reset when I'm done running a script on a page?

Also, it's taking forever to fill up a database right now (like a second for each entry) so I haven't been able to try it for large sizes and see if it times out at 20 seconds. I'll try it if this site ever gets stuff working correctly.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.