PHP GD Inserting Images

Grego

I've got the basics of PHP GD sorted but I have a problem. As part of my dynamic image, I want to load another image into it. So I want to insert an image with a given URL into the image at a given position. I also want to blend that image with a particular colour.

Essentially, I want this function to exist:

coolnewfunction($im,"images/image.png",$x,$y,$color)

Where $im is the image I'm creating, $x and $y give the location to insert it at and $color is the colour to blend it with.

Is it possible to load an image into a GD image and, if so, is it possible to blend that with a colour before I add it?

And if yes, I'd obviously like to know how. Thanks in advance =)

I'm pretty sure you can but my GD experience hasn't been too extensive other than creating thumbs. You probably want to create a new image resource and create another image resource from the source image. Then use one of the imagecopy (http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function.imagecopymerge.php) functions to overlay. I'm not sure about the blending part thought. It's probably a little tricky.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.