merge .zip files script

snk

Hello,

My host doesn't support uploading of big files, therefore I have to break them to chunks of 100mb. I would like to ask, if somebody knows any good script that runs from a browser in order to merge those files back. Unfortunately, coz I am doing video editing, there is no fixed size or number of chunks, thus I need a "browse" option.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you very much for your answer, it is useful script. Unfortunately is not what i am looking for.

In my desktop computer I compress via winzip a folder or file and I brake it into chunks of 100 megabytes each in order to upload them, I can't upload a file more than 100mb. My problem is that i dont know how to merge the splitted compressed file online. I dont have problem to zip a folder or files, my host provides this ability via my panel.

thank you.

You would need to do 2 things.

Firstly extract the zips to a folder then use the tutorial above to put that folder contents back into a zip.

<?php
$zip = new ZipArchive;
if ($zip->open('test.zip') === TRUE) {
    $zip->extractTo('/my/destination/dir/');
    $zip->close();
    echo 'ok';
} else {
    echo 'failed';
}
?> 

I believe this only works on PHP4 havent tested on PHP5

my files are file.z02 file.z03 file.z04 and so on. I dont have fixed number of files, thus I need a browse facility as well. That script is not suitable at all.

Is there something else?

Than you for your effort to help me.

I dont need them to rezip them. I just want to upload them. I have a video.avi about 400mb. I make 4 chunks of 100mb and I upload them. The question is.. how can I make it video.avi again. There is no need for re-compression.

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.