Question about COM

cmetc1999

First off, just want to say hi.  I have been reading this forum for awhile, and have learned much from it.  I have a question that I have been unable to find; however.  I am certain it is a simple find, but I am not sure what to Google to find this answer.  I really hope this is the right forum section for this kind of topic.

I am working with COM to open a word document and change it via bookmarks in MS Word.  That part is easy, open, change, and save.  The problem I am having is creating tables inside of this word document.

There are variable number of rows in these documents I am generating from user input so I cannot just have a table with word bookmarks in it to change; the number of rows is different every time.  I know that I could have several templates and load them based on the number of rows, but that just seems like a poor way of implementing it.

So, my question is, is there a method to COM to add tables? I know there are methods such as:

Documents->Open

->Text

->SaveAs

->Quit

Font Change, Align, etc...

I have been looking on PhP site for a list of all methods, but I am just finding the basic ones listed above, and I suspect there are many more options I do not know about.

Also, I am aware I could do HTML, but the person i am doing this for is hell bent on word otherwise I would use PDF.  Additionally, I know when you format an Word Document via HTML, it will prompt you to save it as an HTML file, and is also, not very printable.  I don't think he would love that too much  ;D

For anyone who reads this, in advance, thank you for your time!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.