Designing websites - Do i really need to be using PHP throughout ??

slimboyfatz32

Hi all ,

I am currently in the process of designing a few (brochure type) websites for a client , nothing extra special .. a Home page describing the services they provide , a News page to be updated by my clients from time to time , and a Contact Us page.

I mentioned to the client that the only page that really needed to be dynamic is the News page , all the rest could remain XHTML pages, they think otherwise ??? Who is right , who is wrong ?

And would 'Wordpress' be a good way to update the news page ?? , As i would like to design XHTML/CSS sites then add PHP code aftewards , which i am sure with Wordpress the code is kept to a minimum and quite intuitive.

many thanks!!

Just create the static pages as html and give them a php extension. Then both you and the client are happy. It will add an insignificant additional load on the server because it will be processing those 'static' pages when it doesn't need to.

However, I would typically create even a brocure type site in all PHP because there will be common elements between pages: header, navigation, etc. It is much easier to just create these elements as PHP include files than to recreate on the static pages.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.