Php Poll Help

Danaldinho

On my website: http://www.chamillionairechat.com I have added a Poll on the left hand side on the page in the menu bar.

Could someone please help me make it, so when you click on an option, it automatically counts your vote and refrehes the poll, so it shows the results of the poll.

So in other words, you don't need to press vote, it will automatically count the vote for you when you click a option.

Thanksm I will really appreciate your help :)

Just to elaborate on that (as it was entirely correct), anytime you do anything with PHP, the whole page needs to be refreshed for the php to be executed. AJAX uses javascript to access a file in the background, then uses DOM scripting to replace (or add to or delete) sections of the page currently being used, rather than reloading the whole page.

AJAX and DOM scripting are both done with javascript (although DOM can be done with other scripts as well), so if you don't have a strong background in javascript, you would be best off looking around for some pre-made AJAX scripts, or else some AJAX tutorials (which I would recommend, so that you can learn to write your own AJAX scripts).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.