ODBC+PHP

kula

Hello guys, does anyone here knows how to use odbc with php? i got my thesis for them..

My thesis consist of using macromedia dreamweaver, and phptriad as development tools, a php script as

programming language and Ms Access as database.. I am really a newbie with php, and so far

my progress were really a mess.. i figured out on how to setup an odbc connection, and how to connect the odbc with php.. it works well, until when i came up with the login code, i have to compare the database item with user input.. this is where it all went downs..

odbc does not have fetch arrays command... so far, every tutorial, information i got is that odbc have an equal function of mysql_fetch_array which is odbc_fetch_array.. but when i'm using this one, its simply told that the function is not exist.. i really screwed up this time.. hope some expert can help me out.. btw, im not an american, im a malaysian and are not well in my english language..

right now, im trying to upgrade my php version, i got phptriad version 2.2.1, but when i install em i just have php version 4.1.1, in which may not support as much code as i need.. next is that to have some simple code for login scheme, insert, delete, update, add, converting data into graph, displaying time/date, and any tutorial that conclude odbc within it.. i'll take my time reading it..

also, im hoping to get some help on how to install php, i mean only php, not with mysql or apache, unless it it required by php to run.. because i only use php for the programming language and not mysql.. i have zero experience on setting up software by my ownself, considering im majorly on hardware maintenance..

thanks in advance, really hopes someone can help me for this.. i get equal on a month to finished this..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.