rewrite DocumentRoot

vitaly

Dear colleagues,

I have the following directory structure:

www.domain.com/projects/project1

www.domain.com/projects/project1/images

www.domain.com/projects/project2

www.domain.com/projects/project2/images

The problem is that inside HTML files image paths are specified using DocumentRoot /. This results in requests similar to:

www.domain.com/images

Obviously, this does not work, because images are located inside each project's own image folder:

www.domain.com/projects/project1/images

I would like to create a rule to solve this problem. I have tried the following:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^/$ /var/www/vhosts/pikkles.com/httpdocs/projects/fujichemical/astareal/beta/ [nc]

However it does not seem to work. I have checked the paths and they are correct. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Vitaly

This to me seems like a couple of questions in one, but I'll try and answer the best I can.

1) if you are coding projects in sub directorys, that you'll need to either use the full path to the images folder, ie http://www.domain.com/project1/images/img.png. Or if you link to the image in your html like images/bob.png, it'll try and load "images/bob.png" using your current folder as the base.

2) You might want into looking into using virtual hosts and sub domains if you want it to act like a real website I.e bob.domain.com - project 1, joe.domain.com - project 2.

I'm not sure if this helps you or not.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.