php POST var to another page

yandoo

Hi there,

I was hoping for a little hope on 2 issues if possible please??

Firstly the Topic Solved button has dissapeared, does anybody know where its gone, or how to add topic solved to forum posts now??

Secondly, I have a simple form on 2 pages that updates by a POST to the first page. The second page contains other data that will also be updated...

..but my problem is that i need the RecordID that is updated from the first page to be parsed to the second page. 

Im sure this is done similar to the POST update on first page (perhaps adding the page url of the second page?)... BUT there is already an EXISTING POST update points to the same page...(to get round this initially i just created hyperlink to parse recordID value to second page) how can i add another POST to another page when one already exists?

Hope im making sense..

Thank You  :)

Firstly the Topic Solved button has dissapeared, does anybody know where its gone, or how to add topic solved to forum posts now??

This is a known issue. We have recently upgraded the forums and it hasn't been added back yet. However this is not a high priority issue currently due to our forums being hacked recently.

Secondly, I have a simple form on 2 pages that updates by a POST to the first page. The second page contains other data that will also be updated...

..but my problem is that i need the RecordID that is updated from the first page to be parsed to the second page. 

Im sure this is done similar to the POST update on first page (perhaps adding the page url of the second page?)... BUT there is already an EXISTING POST update points to the same page...(to get round this initially i just created hyperlink to parse recordID value to second page) how can i add another POST to another page when one already exists?

Hope im making sense..

Thank You  :)

I'm assuming your using a form and submitting the data via POST to each page. In which case your can just use a hidden form field to transfer the RecordID from page to page.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.