Referrer page.

timmy0320

Alright, I'm having a little issue here. I have a login system that registers through a process page. The process page checks for what form was submitted $_POST['login'], $_POST['register'], etc. or if it finds nothing it returns to the main page.

session.php

My session page declares the referrer variable in my sessionStart() function. Example:

// set refer page for process
      if(isset($_SESSION['url'])){
         $this->referrer = $_SESSION['url'];
      } else {
         $this->referrer = "/";
      }

process.php

Once the process form checks for the appropriate one, in this case, login, then it calls to a function to which I have set. Example:

// process login
   // if errors found client is redirected to fix information
   // if no errors, user is logged in
   function procLogin() {
      global $session, $function_form;
      // match info with user attempt to login
      $retval = $session->login($_POST['user'], $_POST['pass']);

// login was successful
      if($retval) {
        // echo $session-referrer;
         header("Location: ".$session->referrer);
      }
      // login failed.
      else {
         $_SESSION['value_array'] = $_POST;
         $_SESSION['error_array'] = $function_form->getErrorArray();
         // echo $session->referrer;
         header("Location: ".$session->referrer);
      }
   }

user.php

I have a user page uses switch and case which sets the URL and loads the appropriate form. Example:

case 'login':

$session->url = $_SESSION['url'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'];
        include ("templ/user_login_body.php");
        echo "<br>";
        echo $_SESSION['url'];
    break;

Now, what I want to know is when it's setting the $_SESSION['url'] it's not grabbing any of the cases, instead of the referral being user.php?do=login it is just showing user.php. Therefore, it is not going back to the case to which I need it to (which would be the login case). Such as the user_login_body contains an (if $session->logged_in) statement that refers to the main user panel } else { it reports any errors. Is there a simple way of doing this? My guess is to change the code in each case that contains $session->url = $_SESSION['url'] = $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; to add on at the end of it the "?do=(case)" manually but there's got to be some type of way to do it without having to do that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.