DB Sender

thedesignstudent

PHP Freaks wouldn't let me post the code, so it's on my server.  Link below.

Searching for a working copy of DB Sender .php

The copy shared here was full of syntax errors and it's not sending properly.

I have a copy of the flawed script.  I'm new to learning the language, so I was able to do a line-by-line reading of the basics, such as close commands ; and proper variable structure $, but when it came to the more advanced syntax, I missed some things the admin was able to easily point out such as \}\par, \par.

If anyone is able to help in correcting the script, here it is:

http://phpfreaks.thedesignstudent.com/phpfreaks.txt

Once it's up and running, I can share the database configruation above the line after I've edited out my information and get it posted so that everyone will have a working and proven copy of db sender.

If you have another copy of it that's running, please feel free to post it and I'll get it up and running.  I've been working on this everyday for the past week after work.

Thanks for bringing it home.

The script is throwing a lot of errors. On further checking your script contains a lot of invalid characters like \}\par, \par

You'll need to edit this script through at plain text editor and upload the correct one. Then the script will work fine, as well as the cron.

From Tech Support.

I think this is a simple answer, but it seems too simple... maybe you know this already, maybe not.

You should use something like notepad (if you use windows). Don't use wordpad.  Use notepad, put all the code in there, go to 'save as' and select 'All Files' instead of .txt files.  Then save the file as whatever.php (make sure you have selected "All Files").

That's the plain text editor they're talking about anyway.

Thanks for the help.  If anyone would care to take a crack at looking at the syntax, please feel free.

I haven't spotted a syntax error, but then again, it's possible I'm looking right at one and missing it.

After I press send I'm going to read through line-by-line and see if I spot something obvious since I've learned more the past week.

Since I found the first DB Sender referenced above, it's a good plan to leave the code here for correcting.

A friend of mine from Total Choice Hosting set me up with a working copy of a program he wrote for auto downloading and here's the code.

http://phpfreaks.thedesignstudent.com/workingcopyofdownloader.txt

This php snippet/program does the same as the original intent of the DB Sender with flawed syntax above.

Again, if anyone with advanced knowledge wants to pick out the couple of errors in the code structure, then everyone would have 2 working copies of programs.

Incidentally, this program also can auto-upload through FTP to a server, as well as email you your entire structure of your well... whatever really.

You could even backup your file structure nightly if you so desired.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.