HTML editor widget

capslock118

Hello,

I am trying my best to search for this but I am not getting good results - perhaps I am not sure what to search for?

Anyways, I am developing an admin section for a client. The client is going to have the ability to add pages. remove. and update pages for their web site. The data is all database driven.

What I am looking for, since they are not very tech savy, is an HTML editor web front end that they can use. Whatever they put in the editor -  on the admin page for say "add page" will be placed in one column in mysql - probably a blob type and lets call it the body field.

The html editor will not simply be a form field where they can type in information - but that would be the essential part - but also have above that field all the nice point and click buttons. What I mean is if the admin highlights a section of text they wright in the body field and can click a button to change color, font size, type (i.e. bold, italic), make it a hyperlink (with the pop up for where to point to, anchor text etc), add an image etc.

I have seen this type of thing on many web hosts that provide a web front end to edit pages. To that end I am assuming there must be a widget somewhere as logic tells me "do not re-invent the wheel".

Does such a widget exist? Have I explained this well enough to show what I am talking about? Is there documentation about this?

Again I have been doing my own research but I would love to hear from you if you happen to know if such a widget that I can place in the server code exists (like a module).

-capslock

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.