Faking a form submit

grilldor

Hello all, im trying to create some kind of centralised control panel where i can log on to many of my online accounts. What i have right now is a php script that fills in a form and a javascript that submits it automaticaly. The forms action parameter is the form handler on the external website. This works, however, even though i secure all the passwords and whatnot, theres a big flaw where i need to decrypt the password for it to be written in the form and then submitted. If your quick enough, you can stop the page before the javascripts submit it and see the decrypted password in the sourcefile.

What im looking for, is a php script that sends the HTTP POST request diectly to the form handler. Ive tried all kinds of stuff with curl but i cant get it working the way i intend it too. Can anyone help me creating this "fake" post request?

Thanks!!!

You can use CURL, like you mentioned. It's not too complicated.

Example:

<?php

$url = "http://www.ExternalSite.com/handler.php";
$post_data = "name=".urlencode($_POST['name'])."&password=".urlencode($_POST['pass']); //etc

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER,1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $post_data);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, TRUE); 
curl_exe($ch); ////NOTE- Add a a "c" after the exe here, because the board doesn't like this word
curl_close ($ch);
unset($ch);

?>

Feel free to ask questions.

Good Luck,

Orio.

thanks alot for you help! I had a script extremely similar to yours and never got any result... Anyway, I did get a result this time, however here is what it says :

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set 

Now this sucks... its a shared server so i cant tweak all the settings... any workaround?

I tried taking out curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, TRUE); but the script does not appear to do anything. It probably sends the form, but the handler needs us to go to the page afterwards to work.

Any way to bypass the error message?

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/projetl/public_html/poly_logger/curl.php on line 11

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.