PHP and Visual Studio 2003

Mathematicman

Hey everyone

I have a question, and I don't know if this is the best Forum to post it in, so if it's not the right place I'm sorry.

Anyway, here's my question.

Does anybody know if it's possible to open PHP files with the HTML editor included in Visual Studio 2003?

When ever I try it, it opens with the XML editor, so I can't do what I want to do with it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Mathematicman

Microshaft adopted <? as the tag for xml code.

Does it open the php file if you use long tag <?php

Yeah... I don't think that's it...

Usually when I use PHP I use the <?php tag, not <? (unless I use it for the end, (?>))

Also, often my php files will contain mostly HTML, or in some cases all HTML... so I would think it would see no XML like code... but it still opens it as a XML file...

I would not use something by microsoft, especially for PHP.... there are plenty of PHP editors that are nice.

Zend Studio is one for example, http://www.zend.com

Yeah, I know Visual Studio isn't really the best option, but I use a shared computer, so I can't really download any other software, but the computer does have visual studio with an HTML editor (which is better than what I was using before (Notepad  ;):P )),

ahhhhh, so that'll be why short tags are now turned off by default in php 5 - cheers microsoft  >:(

I've heard of an online editor that's recently been launched, its supposed to have syntax highlighting etc, cant recall the name though.

edit: helene and EditArea both do syntax higlighting in the browser, EditArea looks best though

ahhhhh, so that'll be why short tags are now turned off by default in php 5 - cheers microsoft  >:(

I've heard of an online editor that's recently been launched, its supposed to have syntax highlighting etc, cant recall the name though.

edit: helene and EditArea both do syntax higlighting in the browser, EditArea looks best though

CodePress is coded in JS and has syntax highlighting.  Not sure what languages it's built for though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.