Posting array to WSDL with read only properties

grib

My PHP is a little rusty so I could just be overlooking something simple. I'm trying to write a client for webservice, the WSDL is available here. I used wsdl2php to create a list of functions and classes which allows me to read and write data through the web portal. One of the functions, AddNewCustomer, requires an instance of the class TIntactCustomer to be passed as an array, normally this would work, but on the portal the Balance property is set to Read-Only and the function returns an error.

The developers of the portal have suggested I remove Balance from the array,  which gives me this error; Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [sOAP-ENV:Server] '' is not a valid floating point value.

If I remove Balance from the class also, I get this error Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [Client] SOAP-ERROR: Encoding: object hasn't 'Balance' property in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/intact/lib/IIntactservice.php:685

Has anyone any idea?

Thanks

Andrew

require_once 'IIntactservice.php';
$customer = new IIntactservice();

$newcustomer = new TIntactCustomer();

$newcustomer->Code = "ALED001";
$newcustomer->Name = "Customer Name";
$newcustomer->Address1 = "365 Old Road";
$newcustomer->Address2 = "Lisburn";
$newcustomer->Address3 = "";
$newcustomer->Address4 = "";
$newcustomer->Address5 = "";
$newcustomer->PostCode = "BT26 6TH";
$newcustomer->Balance = 0;
$newcustomer->OnOrder = 0;
$newcustomer->Unbilled = 0;
$newcustomer->UnAllocated = 0;
$newcustomer->CreditLimit = 0;
$newcustomer->Phone1 = "02854339047";
$newcustomer->Phone2 = "";
$newcustomer->Fax = "";
$newcustomer->EMail = "aled@email.co.uk";
$newcustomer->YTDNetTurnover = 0;
$newcustomer->DeliveryAddress1 = "";
$newcustomer->DeliveryAddress2 = "";
$newcustomer->DeliveryAddress3 = "";
$newcustomer->DeliveryAddress4 = "";
$newcustomer->DeliveryAddress5 = "";
$newcustomer->DefaultVATRate = 2;
$newcustomer->HoCode = "";
$newcustomer->IsHo = False;

$result = $customer->AddNewCustomer($newcustomer);
	print_r($result);

By the sounds of it you're not using floating point values, hence the error. What you ARE supplying it integers.

Thus I suggest you change:

$newcustomer->Balance = 0;

to

$newcustomer->Balance = 0.00;

This may be the case for other variables you are setting also, so check your documentation.

You could also cheat if you find PHP is sending 0 instead of 0.00 (as it does like to do naughty things), by giving it a string instead. I'm guessing that it's being sent as XML so it shouldn't matter if it's a string or float so long as it has the .00 on the end, as xml is 1 big string anyway.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.