Dreamweaver 8 modifies my source unwantedly!

Hi all!

Im having a "not so small" problem. Dreamweaver is randomly formatting my php sourcecode. Ruining my whitespace and indentations a bit. I dont have an right on example right now, but heres somewhat how it goes;

I first put up a div in something like this:

<div id="test">
        <p> this is a paragraph </p>
    </div>

and the next time I watch the sourcecode, it looks like this;

<div id="test">
    <p> this is a paragraph </p> </div>

This is especially true, when I have alot of divs put up like that. example;

<div id="1">
         <p> para1 </p>
    </div>

<div id="2">
        <p> para2 </p>
    </div>

So I dont know how to turn this feature off and it seems to come randomly... You guys know any better? Thanks in advance!!

i didn't notice that until i saw this thread.  Its never really bothered me though :) the only thing that erks me is that instead of putting a tab space, it puts 4 or 5 spaces instead.  nothing i can't fix manually, but its just time consuming when you have 500 lines of code to fix :(

Look in ur preferences though, there may be something in there to tell it not do it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.