Mail() function turned of for safe_mode, webhosts

uniflare

Sorry if in wrong thread. (I posted here because i couldn't find a thread for this and most people are here)

I've been searching the net to try and find a free website hosting service with php/mysql (only 1 db needed,low space/bw etc), with php mail() functionality.

I dont need more than 100mb space (its just for development purposes)

i dont need more than 1gb bandwidth

dont care bout ads

dont want to post on their forum to keep it alive

must have php5 and at least 1 mysql db.

if you know of a webhost with this config please tell me, thanks

----

OR

Can someone tell me how to send an email without using smtp/mail() function using php? is this even possible?

Thanks, uniflare

I'm afraid i don't know of any hosting services that will supply all of those things for free.

However, you could construct a mail packet from scratch and open a network socket and send it to a mail server instead of using the mail() function. However I suspect if the mail() function is disabled, it's more than likely that sockets will be disabled too. mail() is a common feature on practically all PHP hosting platforms, and i'd be surprised if a PHP host doesn't support it.

thanks for the reply, i guess ill have to stick with my local server for now.

i agree if safe_mode is even on then socket manipulation will be disabled.

there are plenty of free webhosts that provide everything i want except mail() functionality. i guess i was hoping a single free webhost may provide mail() with spamming protection.

ah well thanks anyways

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.