How-To Social Network Tutorial?

Deflin

Hello all.

I am an amateur web designer and have recently started a new project for a web design class.  I have virtually no knowledge of PHP or MySQL but I am attempting to create a website for pharmacy students with links to clinical resources, etc.  However I also want to have a chat room, allow users to post and comment on posted information, and have a profile so they may network with future colleagues. 

PLEASE HELP!

I have searched far and wide on the internet, but have only gotten garbled information that looks like it's been written for rocket scientists. 

Is there a step-by-step tutorial available anywhere for building this sort of site? ???  ???

I eagerly await your comments!  Thank you!

Do you know any HTML, PHP or MySQL?

You won't find a tutorial to build a site from scratch with all the features you want. People just don't have the time, and most get paid money for producing such work.

I suggest if you're going to do this, begin with the basics and build your knowledge from scratch.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.