Web designing techniques?

Ling

I'm planning to build a website for my final year project. It would be a website which allows peoples to place their business card with a lil bit of customization onto the website and it allows consumer to search for the appropriate card which they needed. I'm planning to use PHP as my programming language and MYSQL as my database. What do you think? What are other techniques to be used? Pls help. I need opinion

Php is great for doing this =)  Here is a great tutorial to get you started with it.

http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql

Go through all the steps, and by the end you will be submitting data, retrieving it, looping it, displaying it, etc.

I'd use CSS for the frontend to make it purty, then php to power it...should be a fun, easy first app for you to write!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.