help please!

trilbyfish

i am doing a booking system, and currently trying to code a page where the user clicks on a row to edit, and the relevent row comes up on another page so that it can be edited.

at the moment i am trying to do the sql which selects the relevent row from the mysql database.

this code:

$query = "SELECT * FROM bookingtable WHERE id = 1";

works but only selects the first row where the id is 1, but i want it so that it selects the id of the row that was clicked on in the previous page.

the page this is on allready is http://*******.com/********/**********/editbay.php?id=9, so the page knows which id link was clicked on in the previous page.

the code i am thinking of is something along the lines of

$query = "SELECT * FROM bookingtable WHERE id =' . $row['id'] . '";

,  but this gives the error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING 

Please help me, i know this might be a bit incoherent but i would be very greatful if someone could help me to get this working, and then i could move on to the next thing.

Thanks in advance.