Problems Connecting Login Script in PHPDBForums

kyle blaque

I'm attempting to build an application in PHP. I have only a years worth of knowledge and have used various php programs.

The source I'm using is PhPdbForms. I have it working pretty well, but I'm running into a slight problem of connecting my users database to the login function.

If anyone can point me in the right direction of where I can either find out, or read about solving this minor issue. I have used various applications that have the pre-built login. So I have not made a login to a sql database, and the way this source works, it seems like this is a weird call or something.

Details:

I found this on Source Forge, and seems to be what I need just to get this little project of mine up and running(personal application).

I have gotten to the point were I have a registration form, a login page, a upload page, and reports for all of that info.

I need to get the login to search a specified table in the database as the login information.

Inside of PHPDBForums, the calls are made  as premade functions. So all you really need to do is select the correct name in the database, and that information will be placed there from the proper form element.

Anyway, I have reset the  login levels so that the user can enter the registration page and register a new account.

I need that account to be checked as password account.

I know this is a simple issue, but until now I have not needed to build the login from the ground up to have certain elements appear and not appear based on login level.

again, just point me in the right direction if you can.

If code snippets are required please tell me the normal format for posting those.

Thanks for any time anyone spends on this,

kyle

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.