Need Help with Members Login/Online Script

jmrothermel

Ok this one is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY above my head.  Someone wrote a login script for our page and its just total greek to me.  It works fine (with the exception it doesnt log people off after so many minutes of inactivity which irritates me) but oh well.  Theres one thing it doesnt do though.  The way the script is set up here:

Hmmmm it wont let me post my script?  I'll try saving the whole post to a file and uploading it.

Its on the functions page to insert the user and authcode into the insertonline serverdata.txt page (which it does) and also into the insertonlinetoday onlinetoday page (which it doesn't).

(Also wouldnt let me insert - entire post is in the attachement)

Can anyone see why it is inserting it into the one file (serverdata.txt) but not the other (onlinetoday.txt)?

This is just way beyond my level of comprehension.  I would like to ditch this whole script and go back to the old one but with the way its set up anymore I dont know if its possible

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.