PHP Sessions - setting sessions from Flash

mrman23

Hi,

I have a log in script and Flash upload system that work as expected in IE, but as soon as they are applied in Firefox/Safari nothing. I have read around and it seems that this is to do with the way F&S deal with Sessions:

http://www.avertlabs.com/research/bl...ation-puzzles/

Now whilst that site offers a solution I am unable to get it to work (probably missing something obvious!).

My setup works like this, someone logs in using sessions, they navigate around and have the ability to upload images, to give them a graphical representation of the upload I opted to use a Flash bar that when sent back to php uses the login session to call a name from MySQL to name the uploaded file. This works fine on its own (without renaming) and in IE (with renaming) but nowhere else.

Not sure if there is an obvious work-around or a quick fix way to make the session from login carry through to the upload php without striping the uploaded file from the system(?)

Thanks for any suggestions/solutions! :)

Here's the basic upload php page, as above when I place the include login at the beginning of the code it works fine in IE but not in the other major browsers.

<?php 
    if (is_uploaded_file($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name']))     { 

$uploadDirectory = "uploads/"; 

function findexts ($filename) 
{ 
$filename = strtolower($filename) ; 
$exts = split("[/\\.]", $filename) ; 
$n = count($exts)-1; 
$exts = $exts[$n]; 
return $exts; 
} 

$ext = findexts ($_FILES['Filedata']['name']) ; 

$name = "$username"; 

$newname = "$name".".".$ext; 

$uploadFile = $uploadDirectory . basename($newname); 

copy($_FILES['Filedata']['tmp_name'], $uploadFile); 
    } 
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.