php.ini and post_max_size

Schlo_50

Hello,

I have (with the help of php.net) created an upload script which is meant to allow users to upload files up to 300mb in size to ftp. In the php.ini file post_max_size is set to 16M and so I can't upload any file larger than that. My hosts don't allow access to php.ini or .htaccess so I am wondering whether there is a work around using PHP?

(I have tried to set the MAX_FILE_SIZE but to no avail.) I have also googled this for the last hour but there seems to be no clear answer.

Maybe someone here has an answer of suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

I am thinking the same, but would really like to know if there is a work around using PHP to kind of bypass the servers php.ini file?

I have heard that it might be possible to creat my own and use that but I have no idea how to do that, and am not sure if it would even work?

If you are on a server where php is running as a server module (and the web host has not prevented you from changing the specific values) you can set the php settings that affect uploading in a .htaccess file.

If you are on a server where php is running as a cgi wrapper (and the web host has not prevented you from changing the specific values) you can set the php settings that affect uploading in a local php.ini file (in your document root folder.)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.