strange error: all text input fields mysteriously disabled

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure whether i should put this in the html, javascript, ajax or php forums since my code involves all of them, but my best guess is that the problem has something to do with javascript.

I’m getting a funny error that blocks me from typing into text input fields, and it’s suddenly happening in a number of places on our site and i was hoping someone might have a suggestion or point me in the direction of how i might fix it. Strangely these pages were working fine a couple months ago. What’s worse is it only happens in ie6 and what’s worst of all is the error console says no errors are happening at all!

Here are some cases where we find this error:

1. In one page, selecting a date in a javascript calendar will lock all text input fields (by locked i mean, i can’t type anything into the field, but it’s possible to paste text in). No other fields are affected though: drop downs, check boxes and radios are fine.

2. In another the same thing happens after i submit a form within lytebox except i can’t even paste text in.

3. And in one other page, the fields are disabled as soon as the lytebox loads.

Some other information that might be relevant is we’re using scriptaculous and lytebox and a javascript calendar

Any suggestions at all of what might be causing this would be very welcome!

My code is kind of big and complex which is why i'm not posting it right now, but i can post some if it would be of any help.

thank you,

andrew.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.