get query info

proctk

Hi

I have a query that is returning the correct information however its adding in blank rows, I reviewed my tables to see if there were records that would cause this. I'm lookig to have somthing returned to help me determine why there are extra recoreds returned.

here is my code

$sqlbuddy = "
	SELECT buddylink.owner_id, buddylink.buddy_id, users.first_name,
	users.last_name, users.DOB 
	FROM buddylink 
	LEFT JOIN users ON buddylink.buddy_id = users.user_id ".$qryUserDate ."
	WHERE buddylink.owner_id = $id". $exString;

echo $sqlbuddy;
$qrybuddy = mysql_query($sqlbuddy)or die("SQL Error: $sqlbuddy<br>" . mysql_error());

$sqlBuddy returns

SELECT buddylink.owner_id, buddylink.buddy_id, users.first_name, users.last_name, users.DOB FROM buddylink LEFT JOIN users ON buddylink.buddy_id = users.user_id AND (month(users.DOB) = 03) WHERE buddylink.owner_id = 63 AND buddylink.buddy_id <>4 AND buddylink.buddy_id <>5 AND buddylink.buddy_id <>7 AND buddylink.buddy_id <>13 AND buddylink.buddy_id <>26 AND buddylink.buddy_id <>178

When I call the result

<?php while($rbuddy = mysql_fetch_assoc($qrybuddy)) : ?>
<?php echo 'Yes'.$rbuddy['DOB']; ?><br/>
<?php endwhile; ?>

I get

Yes

Yes

Yes1953-03-19

Yes1990-03-05

Yes

Yes1966-03-15

The Yes with no date next to them should not be there

any help is great

I figured out this much. Its returning the entries that I want but it including the entrys that the month is not found also, Its giving me the blank record.  I found a fix by using an if statement however I never had a query do this before any thoughts

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.