Very nice Forum - Here my question...

lgman

Hi.

I need to create an online shop, that can be accessed online and offline (to browse without having any connection). For the online part I'll use (My)SQL, for the offline I wanted to generate XML-files from the Online DB. I know, maybe it isn't possible, especially because you cannot save data to clients machine (or can you?). But what if I let the user know, that there would be a XML file (or what ever format) saved on his machine...

If the user is online again, I'll let a PHP script synchronize the data between the XML file and the online DB. (again: if possible)

Plus: It could happen that the user make changes on his stored XML file. If so, we would again synchronize (after being online) the data between this file and the online DB.(and again: if possible)

I just want to have some tips. Maybe some parts are unrealizable (for security reason), but still: what else can be the solution if you only want to use FF, IE, etc. (user side) without any plugins or other installed stuff?!

Thank you so much

lgman

Thank you.

Well, what I want is a Shop/Directory that can be browsed online AND offline. The user won't stay off so long, maybe 1, 2 or three days. Even if longer, on each time he goes online again, we would synchronize, so that he would browse offline. Plus: if he make any changes at his offline data (XML or whatever) it would be synchronized with the online DB, too.

The internet connection is only for synchronizing, the main browsing would be offline, that's the idea. Any other hints?

Greetings

lgman

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.